1. A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. Sexual passion or desire.
4. A person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. A love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. Sexual intercourse; copulation.
8. (Initial capital letter ) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9. Affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one’s neighbor.
10. Strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11. The object or thing so liked:The theater was her great love.
12. The benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13. Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
14. A word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
verb (used with object)
15. To have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
16. To have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (anotherperson).
17. To have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
18. To need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
19. To embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
20. To have sexual intercourse with.